Applications for the 2023-24 service term is now open! Click here to apply! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- AmeriCorps VIP Sample Position Description (pdf)
- Volunteer Capacity Assessment (pdf)
- AmeriCorps Brochure (pdf)
- Non-profit and educational organizations located in San Luis Obispo and Northern Santa Barbara Counties are welcome to apply to host a VIP AmeriCorps member.
- Agencies are selected based upon current need and compatibility of the agency's needs with the goals of the Volunteer Infrastructure Project.
- Partner Agency recruitment is now open and will run through mid-July or until all spots are full - typically there are 15 partner sites in our region each term.
- Agencies are required to submit a Host Site Application, Baseline Volunteer Capacity Assessment, and Supervisor Information Sheet. If you would like to further discuss becoming a host site, please email email@example.com.
- All hosting agencies are required to pay a cost-share match of $26,000; the AmeriCorps Program covers all additional member expenses including the Education Award, health insurance, and professional development program.
- Host Agencies must complete and sign a VIP Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) upon acceptance into the program.
- Partner Agencies are required to assist in the recruitment of AmeriCorps Members for their site.
- AmeriCorps is not a job; it is a paid service experience. AmeriCorps members are not employees of the agency; they are AmeriCorps members serving at a host site.
- AmeriCorps offers an opportunity to gain professional development, experience, and the satisfaction that comes from helping others.
- The positions focus on building the capacity of agencies by building and strengthening volunteer programs in community agencies and have a fundraising component.
- AmeriCorps is an 11-month service commitment from August 2023 - June 2024.
- All positions are full-time (1700 hours/year).
- Members receive a $24,200 living allowance, paid twice monthly in equal installments throughout the term of service.
- Upon successful completion of AmeriCorps service, members become eligible for a $10,000 education award that can be used to pay for college, grad school, and some work training programs, or to repay outstanding student loans.
- Members are eligible for health insurance and subsidized child-care for the length of their service term.
- AmeriCorps members who begin service in 2010 or later, who are age 55 or older at the time they commence service, may, upon successful completion of a term of service, transfer the education award to a child, grandchild, or foster child.