Make A Difference Month
Make A Difference Month
The Center for Service in Action is excited to announce that Make a Difference Day will now become Make a Difference Month for the whole month of November!
We're changing our tradition in hopes that we can better meet the needs of your organization. Make a Difference Month is really about helping organizations when they need it most during November. Instead of trying to match volunteers with community service opportunities on just one designated day, we’re confident this new approach will allow us to match even more organizations in need with volunteers who want to do something good for their community.
Join us in helping support the non-profits, schools, and families of San Luis Obispo County by signing up now. Sign-up as a group with your club, company, fraternity or sorority OR sign-up individually to build your community around service!
Every volunteer serving at an event within the month of November will receive a FREE Make a Difference Month T-shirt!
Available Service Opportunities
To signup for service projects, click on the links below!
***If you would like to sign up as a team or organization, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with which site's you're most interested in***
Select an event to sign-up!
Saturday, November 3
- 10:00AM to 2:00PM | Cleaning and Sorting Glasses with I CARE International
- 10:00AM to 2:00PM | Garden Work at Emerson Community Garden
- 10:00AM to 2:00PM | Painting and Maintenance at St. Steven's Episcopal Church
- 10:00AM to 2:00PM | Improving Monarch Habitat at Friends of Fiscalini Ranch
- 10:00AM to 2:00PM | Maintenance at Meade Canine Rescue
- 10:00AM to 2:00PM | Service at the Children's Closet for CRN
- 10:00AM to 2:00PM | Yard Work at Woods Humane Society
- Gardening with Family Care Network:
- 10:30AM to 1:00PM | Beach Clean-Up with SCS and Hammock Club
Friday, November 9
- 3:00PM to 5:30PM | Making Centerpieces with Hospice SLO County
Saturday, November 10
- 10:00AM to 4:00PM | Painting at SLO Big Brothers Big Sisters
- 10:30AM to 2:00PM | Garden Beautification at ECHO Shelter
- 12:00PM to 4:00PM | Birthday Cards with Wilshire Community Services (Part 1)
Wednesday, November 14
- 10:00AM to 1:30PM | Cleaning/Organization at the Avila Beach Civic Association
Friday, November 16
- 10:00AM to 1:00PM | Campus Beautification at SLO Classical Academy
- 11:00AM to 1:00PM | Gardening with Family Care Network
Tuesday, November 27
- 4:30PM to 8:30PM | Dinner for a Cause Set-up and Staffing with 5 Cities Homeless Coalition
Friday, November 30
- 12:00PM to 4:00PM | Sorting Donations with 5 Cities Homeless Coalition
Saturday, December 1
- 10:00AM to 2:00PM | Maintenance with Son Care Foundation and New Life K9s
- 12:00PM to 4:00PM | Birthday Cards with Wilshire Community Services (Part 2)
Agencies that would like volunteers should contact The Center for Service in Action as soon as possible - email@example.com or 805-756-7011.
The Center for Service in Action
Dean of Students
Cal Poly State University
Building 52, Room E22